Annual Award Function:
This is a unique and unparalleled program started in 1989 and continued since then without any break. Students from backward and minority communities obtaining high marks in Matriculation, Higher Secondary and other similar examinations are honoured by giving them cash awards and merit certificates in an elegant function organized during September / October every year. Orientation programme to students and teachers are provided in the function.
A Talent Search Test is also conducted on the same day to the awardees who have completed Xth Standard examination or its equivalent. The object of this examination is to identify talented young Muslim students for Capacity Building and the Award of Fellowship. The awards for outstanding teachers, awards to Muslim Managements schools and Muslim orphanage schools, Fellowship awards are also distributed in this event.
Awards for outstanding teachers : The “Awards for Outstanding Teachers” is instituted to honour those teachers whose dedication and service to the profession have made an impact on the delivery of quality education. Separate awards are instituted for LP/UP, High School & Higher Secondary sections and a special award for female teacher from LP Section.
Awards to Muslim Management Schools and Muslim Orphanage Schools : Schools with an overall high academic performance in the relevant examinations are also recognized. From 2007-08 onwards, schools with outstanding performance and Muslim Orphanage Schools with whole pass are given cash awards.
Celebration of Brilliance: A programme in celebration of the brilliance of a rare degree among the school students in Kerala will be introduced from this year. Every year, students numbering not more than 5 will be selected in consultation with the education department, after evaluating the remarkable inventions, innovations and ideas generated by the students. These students would be honored in the annual award function and cash awards will be provided.
P.M. Fellowship Programme : This program is based on a highly competitive Talent Search Examination among students who have completed Class X examinations. Successful candidates have to participate in different camps and discussions during a period of two years and about 10 candidates are expected to be selected every year strictly based on the performance in the camps and discussions. Thereafter these students are followed up regularly for the next five years in order to mold them as highly talented and excellent achievers.
Civil Service Motivation Camp: This is an annual programme of P.M. Foundation and is based on a competitive Talent Search Examination among students who have completed class X examinations. Successful candidates will be provided with the opportunity to participate in Civil Service Motivation Camp for 3 days. Board & Lodging facilities will be provided by the P.M. Foundation and this programme is highly appreciated by parents and students.
Quality Improvement Programmes in Arabic Colleges:- QIP for the students & teachers in Arabic Colleges will be started from this year.This scheme will be introduced in Trivandrum, Varkala in collaboration with Mannaniya Islamic University, Varkala to the selected students who will be enrolled in the Mannaniya institution. Higher secondary and graduate level education in Humanities and Commerce agreed streams will be imparted along with regular Islamic religious courses. The assistance will also include providing selected soft skills for these students.
Scholarships to Research Activities: Research activities in selected areas that are relevant to the socio-educational aspects of progress of the society are encouraged. A maximum of 5 researchers shall be selected.
Centers of excellence: Scholarships will be provided to students studying in reputed institutions that are selected by the Foundation as centres of excellence. A maximum of 20 students will be selected. List of the institutions are as follows:-
- I I M s and I I T s
- J N U , New Delhi
- All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS),New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC)
- A J K Mass Communication Research Centre (AJK MCRC), Jamia Millia Islamiya, Delhi
- Asian School of Journalism, Chennai
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (T I S S), Mumbai
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) – PUSA, Delhi
- Institute of Rural Management Anand, Gujarat (IRMA)
- Delhi School of Economics- Delhi
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research IISER Thiruvananthapuram
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) Mumbai
- National Law School of India, Bangalore
- Lady Sriram College for women, New Delhi
- Sriram College of Commerce, New Delhi
- St. Stephen’s College, New Delhi
- M.S University Baroda (for Fine Arts)
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai
- Center for Development Studies, CDS- TVM
- Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) Kolkata
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkotta
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Loyola College Chennai
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Pudussery
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
- Miranda House, New Delhi
Annual Lecture Programme: The Foundation will start off this year with the annual lecture programme on topical issues concerning the Social and Educational advancement of the Society.
Nodal Centre : A nodal center will be established that deals with training programmes for resource persons, guidance related to utilizing Government schemes and conducting research on selected topics of relevance etc. The institution will be developed into a think-tank for constructive activities in the Society.
Quarterly News Letter: A quarterly newsletter detailing the activities of the Foundation as well as the academic opportunities available for students will be started soon.
- P.M. Institute of Civil Service Examinations, Feroke : The P.M. Foundation has established a coaching institute managed by Farook College for students who plan to apply for the Civil Services Exam. Students are offered coaching and guidance for the examination and have access to excellent library. (Details of the same may be procured directly from the Colleg.)
- Cultural Developmental Educational Service Society, Mattanchery: A scheme formulated by the Cultural Developmental Educational Service Society (CDESS), Mattanchery, Kochi, in association with P.M. Foundation for imparting free coaching classes for Medical and Engineering entrance examination for socially and educationally backward communities from Kochi area.
- P.M.F. C A Centre, Cochin:- Foundation will start a CA Centre with regular classes conducted by experienced faculty.
- P.M.F. Counseling Centre,Cochin:- A career counseling center will be established with an experienced counselor in Kochi. Career counseling sessions will be conducted using the guest faculties in various schools and colleges, with the co-operation of the managing committees. Information will be provided related to new areas of Science & Technology, Humanities and Commerce, which other institutions, organizations working in the sector have not been able to cover.